Monday, November 12, 2007

Babushka and Greenwich

So on Saturday, I talked to Jonathan (a reporter) at my internship and he said that I might want to ask Kathleen if I could work in a different department (i.e. style or sports, etc.) because there would be more work for me to do there. He said he knows that it must be hard to be an intern in the news department because it's a big department and everyone's so busy. I was glad that he acknowledged that it was normal for me to encounter difficulty/boredom at my internship. And I think I will talk to Kathleen on Wednesday.

Saturday night was a lot of fun. I went with Meg and Diana to a bar called Babushka and we met up with Liz and some of her friends there. Here are some pictures:

Getting ready in Diana and Meg's room while listening to Britney

Meg and Me :-)

Me and Liz and her friend

On Sunday I tagged along with Steve on a walking tour of Greenwich. Greenwich is east of London and it is the home of Greenwich Mean Time, the Prime Meridian, the Maritime Museum, and many other navy/water related things. We took a boat to get there.


Wharf = Ware House At River Front. You learn something new everyday. This one reminded me of Hailly.

The Queen's House

Park with the Royal Observatory (the center of space and time) at the top of the hill

One of the many Royal Observatory Clocks


The Prime Meridian

I am simultaneously in the East and West hemispheres! How exciting!

View of Canary Wharf from the Royal Observatory

View from the Royal Observatory

View of The City from the Royal Observatory

The Royal Observatory. We saw that ball drop at 1:00pm, which it does everyday. It was not too exciting -- kinda like how the ball drops on New Years and you think is that it?.

Steve and I also walked around the town and checked out a market and the Mass Maritime Museum. It was a fun daytrip, but very cold! We ate lunch/dinner in the Gourmet Burger Kitchen. It was actually delicious -- the first good burger I've had over here in the UK/Europe!

Today I had class and tomorrow I think I will try to see the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace and then work on my portfolio.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Hi Val,
You looked very pretty going out. Maybe you should be in the Style/Fashion section of the paper.
Greenwich looked like fun. I'm glad you back in one hemisphere in one piece. The Adventure continues!!
Talk to you soon. Mom and Dad